[pgpool-hackers: 4466] Re: abnormal behavior about PGPOOL RESET. and proposal a patch file.

keiseo keiseo at protonmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:14:38 JST 2024

oh.. sorry I missed additional information. this is for additinal information on the same thread.

you can reproduce this on the branch V4_4_STABLE, V4_5_STABLE, and master branch.

I had installed after autoreconf -fi before testing with new branch (version 4.5 new guide)

and I also re-attach the patch file which is based on master branch.

before fix
------------
psql (15.3)
Type "help" for help.

test=# PGPOOL RESET client_idle_limit;
ERROR: Pgpool node id file /pgpool_node_id does not exist
DETAIL: If watchdog is enable, pgpool_node_id file is required
message type 0x43 arrived from server while idle
message type 0x5a arrived from server while idle
test=# show pool_version;
pool_version
----------------------
4.5.2 (hotooriboshi)
(1 row)
test=#

after fix
----------

seo at seo-ThinkPad-E14-Gen-2:~$ psql -p 11000 test
psql (15.3)
Type "help" for help.

test=# PGPOOL RESET client_idle_limit;
SET