[pgpool-general: 9149] no load balancing via a foreign table

Sbob sbob at quadratum-braccas.com
Sat Jun 22 13:50:59 JST 2024

All;

I created a db node with 2 standby's

then I setup pgpool and set it up with hosts talking to the 3 backend
nodes above

then I created a stand alone db cluster, and setup a foreign server
pointing to the pgpool node, then I used the IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA to
import the tables via the pgpool node.

all this worked great

however no matter how many selects I run via the foreign tables a "show
pool_nodes" on the pgpool server shows  a select_cnt of 0 for all 3
nodes, meaning the select_cnt for all the backend nodes are not getting
set for queries via the foreign tables

If I connect to the pgpool server/cluster and run a number of select
statements then a "show pool_nodes"  shows increasing values for all 3
backend nodes for select_cnt

I set log_min_duration_statement = 0 on all 3 backend servers and re-ran
multiple selects via the foreign tables, I see logging on the master /
primary but no queries logged for the standby's

It seems that pgpool is not load balancing queries that come from the
foreign tables

Any thoughts how to get load balancing to work via a foreign table?

Thanks in advance