[pgpool-hackers: 4484] Re: Watchdog and IPv6

Kwangwon Seo keiseo at protonmail.com
Sat Jul 13 09:39:29 JST 2024

Hello.

thanks for the fast reply with much informative things!!!

In short, I'll reimplement about it and submit patch again.

here's detail below.

- about ipv4-mapped-ipv6 platform support
I have found this one
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/creating-a-ipv4-ipv6-socket-in-c.92530/
In the thread, there's a link of freebsd source.
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/blob/main/usr.bin/sockstat/sockstat.c#L432
So, I think, what I did is not a recommanded way for freeBSD.
wow, I didn't know about this. and you're right. I think It's unstable for freeBSD.
And I also watch this https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/intro-whatis.html
The link says, FreeBSD is obviously one of support architecture of pgpool.

- changing implementation direction.
Oh I thought that there were some reason for that word what you said (need to fix only 4 function) But It seems not now!
Then I can choose pgpool's way, as you recommanded.
Yes. It will be a better way for product..!

- compiler warning of asprintf() usage
Ohh, I have checked multiple times, but I miss that one..
I'll handle that warning next time.

- replacement of asprintf()
I have just checked the psprintf().
Yes, I'm agree with your opinion. So I'll replace asprintf() to psprintf() way.

- regression tests
Oh this is my bad. I just did one test, 004.watchdog in this time.
Next time, I'll do regression test with ./regress.sh watchdog*. and also tests all regressions again before submit the patch.

- patch files
Yes I got it!

whoa Thanks for the reviewing my patch. It helps me a lot!!

As I mentioned, I want to submit another patch So I'm working on it.

If you want to say someting, you can say at ease.

Best Regards...

Kwangwon Seo

Bitnine Global Inc.
www.bitnine.net