[pgpool-hackers: 4519] Re: Introducing Global Connection Pooling Feature for Pgpool-II

Muhammad Usama muhammad.usama at percona.com
Thu Aug 29 21:42:10 JST 2024

Hi Ishii-san,

Thank you for reviewing the global connection pool implementation and for
the patch to fix the rewrite timestamp test case. I have pushed your
changes to the GitHub repository.

The SSL context was created before spawning child processes, which was
necessary because the global connection pool needs to share backend sockets
across different processes, which requires a consistent SSL context in all
child processes. There is still a TODO item on my list to pass the SSL
session back to the global connection pool along with the socket when the
backend uses SSL. I am working on finding some time to implement this.

Additionally, I have fixed the connection idle time functionality, so we
should see one less failure in the regression tests. I am continuing to
work on the missing functionality to ensure the regression tests pass
cleanly.

Thanks
Best regards
Muhammad Usama