[pgpool-general: 9092] Re: Problem on node3 Pgpool-II

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Thu May 2 10:52:32 JST 2024

Hi,

> I did a setup PostgreSQL 16,  and Pgpool-II on Ubuntu 22.04,  to create a
> 3_node cluster,
> But backend_hostname3 is not being used by the pgpool !

The number in backend_hostnameX should start from 0.

https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/runtime-config-backend-settings.html

If you want to create a 3 postgresql nodes cluster,
you should set:

  backend_hostname0
  backend_hostname1
  backend_hostname2

If the settings above don't work, could you share your pgpool.conf and log files?

> Is there limitations on Ubuntu or there is a solution for that??
>
> Also I had to make some changes on follow_primary.sh and recovery_1_stage
> and all scripts contains postgresql.conf path,   because of postgresql.conf
> is on /etc/postgres path by default but my Data directory is /data as
> example when setup postgres on ubuntu.

You need to modify the scripts to meet your setup.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS LLC