[pgpool-general: 9131] duplicated paragraph in the main wiki page

Kwangwon Seo keiseo at protonmail.com
Tue Jun 18 13:34:28 JST 2024

hi guys.

There's a duplicated paragraph in the very first page of main wiki page.

That is, "What is Pgpool-II?" header, maybe you can easily find that thing.

== paragraph start.

Pgpool-II speaks PostgreSQL's backend and frontend protocol, and relays messages between a backend and a frontend. Therefore, a database application (frontend) thinks that Pgpool-II is the actual PostgreSQL server, and the server (backend) sees Pgpool-II as one of its clients. Because Pgpool-II is transparent to both the server and the client, an existing database application can be used with Pgpool-II almost without a

Pgpool-II talks PostgreSQL's backend and frontend protocol, and relays a connection between them. Therefore, a database application (frontend) thinks that Pgpool-II is the actual PostgreSQL server, and the server (backend) sees Pgpool-II as one of its clients. Because Pgpool-II is transparent to both the server and the client, an existing database application can be used with Pgpool-II almost without a change to its sources.

== paragraph end.

Well, first paragraph is not properly ended so it need to be removed I think.

I did some backtrace of that history, finally I found this, the diff history. link: https://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&diff=prev&oldid=2932

I think there's some missed thing in there.

well, btw, also found edit button, link: https://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=edit

but I don't have a permission for that. so I just want to know whether you guys already knows or not..

Maybe It's not an critical or urgent thing, but maybe it would better that will be fixed next minor update.

anyway, many thanks!

Regards

Kwangwon Seo

Bitnine Global Inc.