[pgpool-general: 9119] Problems with automatic authentication of pcp command

Francisco Peña franciscopenar1988 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 01:23:45 JST 2024

Hello,

I am trying to run pcp command without having to type the user's password
manually, but I have not been successful.

*I use this script:*

server_node_list=(0 1 2 3)
for server_node in ${server_node_list[@]}
do
    source $HOME/.bash_profile
    export PCPPASSFILE=/var/lib/pgsql/.pcppass
    node_status=$(pcp_node_info -p 9898 -h localhost -U postgres -n
$server_node -w | cut -d ' ' -f 3);

    if [[ $node_status == 3 ]]
    then
        pcp_attach_node -h localhost -n $server_node -U postgres -p 9898 -w
-v
    else
        pcp_attach_node -h localhost -n $server_node -U postgres -p 9898 -w
-v
    fi
done

*.pcppass*

localhost:9898:postgres:my_password

*When I run this script it gives me the following error:*

FATAL:  authentication failed for user "postgres"
DETAIL:  username and/or password does not match

Regards!