[pgpool-general: 9166] Re: What versions of Postgresql does Pgpoool 4.4.3 support ?

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jul 4 08:23:16 JST 2024

From: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr at gmail.com>
Subject: [pgpool-general: 9164] Re: What versions of Postgresql does Pgpoool 4.4.3 support ?
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 16:14:32 -0400

> Drill down through this to see what binaries are built for which version of
> RHEL:
> https://www.pgpool.net/yum/rpms/
>
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 1:53 PM Franklin Anderson de Oliveira Souza <
> franklinbr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Dear,
>>
>> I've been searching the documentation without success. I would like to
>> know which versions of PostgreSQL the pgpool 4.4.3 version supports.

Actually there:
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/44/en/html/intro-whatis.html

At the very end of the page:

"Supported PostgreSQL server's versions are 7.4 and higher (some of
the features may not work with older versions of PostgreSQL)."

However this requires building your own Pgpool-II binary.  So If you
want to go with RHEL packages, Ron's answer is more useful.

BTW, each version of Pgpool-II supports the newest version of
PostgreSQL SQL parser at the when it was developed. So if you use more
recent version of PostgreSQL with Pgpool-II 4.4.x (for example
PostgreSQL 15 at this moment), some of newer SQLs are not fully
supported: you can use the SQLs but they are sent the PostgreSQL
primary node, and are never load balanced.

The information regarding which version of Pgpool-II supports which
version PostgreSQL SQL parser is in the release notes. For Pgpool-II
4.4 here:

https://www.pgpool.net/docs/44/en/html/release-4-4-0.html

Best reagards,
SRA OSS LLC