How to contribute to the Pgpool-II project
- Pgpool-II is an open source project and the contribution style follows the way PostgreSQL does except that we don't have CF application.
- We maintain 5-6 stable branches (see https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/EOL_information for more details). The under development branch is always the master branch. We don't add new features to stable branches. New features should be added to the master branch.
- The proposal should include reason, back ground, architecture design, and the most important thing: why this is good for users (and developers). The proposal need not to be completed. Just throwing an idea to start a discussion is welcome.
- Actual code should be proposed as a patch to the master branch. A patch does not need to be included in the first, or early discussions.
- The committable patch should include not only complete code, but documentation (SGML format) and possibly tests (under src/test).
- Once the patch is verified by committers, a committer will commit/push the patch to the master branch.
Projects in progress
Projects already done